Membership consists of three categories
- Full Members
- Associate Members
- Honorary Members
- Full Membership
- Any person who is graduate of the University or has obtained a postgraduate qualification of the University; or
- Any person who was a student of the Ceylon Medical College and obtained the licentiate in Medicine & Surgery and licentiate in Dental Surgery.
- An associate member who has been a member for a continuous period of three years shall be eligible on completion of such period to apply for a full membership of the Association.
shall be entitled to full membership
- Associate Membership
- Any past student of the University who is not a graduate of the University, or
- Any graduate of a recognized university who is or has been a member of the academic, administrative or non-academic staff of the University, or
- Any person who is or has been a Chancellor of the University or any person who is or has been a member of the Senate or the University Council.
Shall be entitled to associate membership
- Honorary Membership
- Any person who is not eligible for full or associate membership but has rendered distinguished service to the University, or
- Any person who has been conferred a degree honoris causa by the University.
shall be entitled to honorary membership.
The above shall consist of the kinds; namely life members and ordinary members, as determined according to the mode of payment prescribed in the By-Laws.
Admission to Membership
- Categories in 1. and 2. above
- an application should be made to the Association on the prescribed form and
- membership fee should be paid, is defined in the By-Laws.
- Category 3. above:
- nomination by the Executive committee of the Colombo Chapter or
- election by the Colombo Chapter, subject to an upper limit as provided for in the By-Laws
Cessation of Membership
- Non-payment of subscription for a continuous period of two years
- Expulsion as defined in the By-Laws